The ultimate Jasper Dark Sky experience:
86 Connaught Dr (at Marmot Lodge) Book here online or by phone via SunDog reservations 1-888-786-3641
First, join our astronomy experts in our air-supported dome theatre for a LIVE virtual tour the world’s largest accessible dark sky preserve.
Inside the planetarium, your guide will share local aboriginal constellations, views of the Northern Lights from Jasper, and take you into space orbiting above the Rockies and on to the edge of the universe…all in about 40 minutes.
Then, come outside the dome for an all-weather telescope experience where you’ll:
- tour of the largest, most powerful telescopes in the Rockies
- see recent 4K Jasper sky imagery from our new video telescope
- get tips on how to use your DSLR camera to photograph the Milky Way and auroras
- if weather permits, you’ll also enjoy a live guided tour of objects in our Solar System and deep space as seen through our telescopes
* we may also have the chance to see a meteor or even the aurora of the Northern Lights
Adults / $49
Youth-under-16 / $19
*plus 5% GST tax
pay online, by phone at 1-888-786-3641 (call 8 am – 5 pm MT) to reserve seats in advance, or book after-office hours right at the planetarium at Marmot Lodge (cash, debit and all major credit cards accepted)
** NOTE: The Telescope Experience is a learning opportunity with weather permitting views of the sky. While we do not need the sky to be completely clear to use our telescopes we CAN NOT guarantee clear skies. We DO NOT provide refunds if the skies are too cloudy, but will offer a “rain check” to re-book for another date in addition to proceeding with the other aspects of our telescope experience.
please note also that evenings at or near the full moon will reduce visibility of faint deep space objects – this has nothing to do with the weather or darkness of our observing location