The ultimate Jasper Dark Sky experience:
Join our LIVE astronomy experts for a full evening exploring Jasper Dark Sky Preserve – the world’s largest accessible astronomy park – starting inside during our world-exclusive domed theatre experience THEN outside with the largest telescope in
WINTER at Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge
Dec 1 – April 21 (most nights…click here for winter availability) 1-780-931-3275
SPRING/SUMMER/FALL at Marmot Lodge
May 1 – Oct 21 (click here for availability)
- Winter times 9:00 pm (most nights Dec 1 – April 21) at Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge $65/adult, $25 youth (ages 4-18) includes ‘winter-exclusive’ extras such as s’mores & hot chocolate
- Spring times 9:45 pm (daily May 1 – June 14) at Marmot Lodge $55/adult, $20 youth (ages 4-15)
- Summer times 10:00 pm (daily June 15 – Sept 15) at Marmot Lodge $55/adult, $20 youth (ages 4-15)
- Fall times 9:00 pm (daily Sept 16 – Oct 21) at Marmot Lodge $55/adult, $20 youth (ages 4-15)
First, join our astronomy experts in our 50-seat dome theatre for a LIVE virtual tour the world’s largest accessible dark sky preserve.
Inside the planetarium, your guide will share local aboriginal constellations, views of the Northern Lights from Jasper, and take you into space orbiting above the Rockies and on to the edge of the universe…all in about 35-45 minutes.
Then, come outside the dome for an all-weather telescope experience where you’ll:
- tour of the largest, most powerful telescopes in the Rockies
- see an ‘instant-replay’ of recent 4K Jasper sky imagery from our new video telescope
- get tips on how to use your DSLR camera to photograph the Milky Way and auroras
- if weather permits, you’ll also enjoy a LIVE guided tour of objects in space as seen through our telescopes
* we may also have the chance to see a meteor or even the Northern Lights
Winter pricing (not including 5% GST tax) at Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge
Adults / $65 (includes tended fire, hot chocolate & s’mores)
Youth (4-18) / $25
Spring/Summer/Fall pricing (not including 5% GST tax) at Marmot Lodge
Adults / $55
Youth (4-15) / $20
pay online, by phone at 1-780-931-3275 to reserve seats in advance, or book after-office hours right at the planetarium (cash, debit, VISA, and Mastercard accepted)
** NOTE: The Telescope Experience is a learning opportunity with weather permitting views of the sky. While we do not need the sky to be completely clear to use our telescopes we CAN NOT guarantee clear skies. We DO NOT provide refunds if the skies are too cloudy, but will offer a “rain check” to re-book for another date in addition to proceeding with the other aspects of our telescope experience.
Please note also that evenings at or near the full moon will reduce visibility of faint deep space objects – this has nothing to do with the weather or darkness of our observing location
Our hotel-based location – with a minimum of light pollution on the edge of town – offers the ideal mix of convenience and great views of stars, planets, galaxies and more. This is an outdoor activity so dress warm!