Join our LIVE astronomy experts for a full evening exploring Jasper Dark Sky Preserve – the world’s largest accessible astronomy park – starting inside during our world-exclusive domed theatre experience THEN outside with the largest telescope in the Rockies.
WINTER at Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge
Dec 1 – April 21 (most nights…click here for winter availability) 1-780-931-3275
SPRING/SUMMER/FALL at Marmot Lodge
May 1 – Oct 21 (click here for availability)
- Winter times 9:00 pm (most nights Dec 1 – April 21) at Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge $65/adult, $25 youth (ages 4-18) includes ‘winter-exclusive’ extras such as fire, s’mores & hot chocolate
- Spring times 9:45 pm (daily May 1 – June 14) at Marmot Lodge $55/adult, $20 youth (ages 4-15)
- Summer times 10:00 pm (daily June 15 – Sept 16) at Marmot Lodge $55/adult, $20 youth (ages 4-15)
- Fall times 9:00 pm (daily Sept 17 – Oct 27) at Marmot Lodge $55/adult, $20 youth (ages 4-15)
First, join our astronomy experts in our climate-controlled 50-seat dome theatre for a LIVE virtual tour the world’s largest accessible dark sky preserve.
Inside the planetarium, your guide will share local aboriginal constellations, views of the Northern Lights from Jasper, and take you into space orbiting above the Rockies and on to the edge of the universe…all in about 35-45 minutes (depending on how much audience-participation there is.)
Then, come outside the dome for an all-weather telescope experience where you’ll:
- tour the largest, most powerful telescopes in the Rockies
- see an ‘instant-replay’ of recent 4K Jasper sky imagery from our new video telescope
- get tips (if desired) on how to use your DSLR camera to photograph the Milky Way and auroras
- if weather permits, you’ll also enjoy a LIVE views through our telescopes, guided by our knowledgeable staff.
All these possibilities and more are part of a full evening of adventure when you book this, our most popular activity.
Winter pricing (not including 5% GST tax) at Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge
Adults / $65
Youth (4-18) / $25
(includes planetarium experience, telescope experience, fire, hot chocolate & s’mores)
Spring/Summer/Fall pricing (not including 5% GST tax) at Marmot Lodge
Adults / $55
Youth (4-15) / $20
(includes planetarium experience and telescope experience)
pay online, by phone at 1-780-931-3275 to reserve seats in advance, or book after-office hours right at the planetarium (cash, debit, VISA, and Mastercard accepted)
** NOTE: The Telescope Experience is a learning opportunity with weather permitting views of the sky. While we do not need the sky to be completely clear to use our telescopes we CAN NOT guarantee clear skies. We DO NOT provide refunds if the skies are too cloudy, but will offer a “rain check” to re-book for another date in addition to proceeding with the other aspects of our telescope experience.
Please note also that evenings at or near the full moon will reduce visibility of faint deep space objects – this has nothing to do with the weather or darkness of our observing location
Our hotel-based location – with a minimum of light pollution on the edge of town – offers the ideal mix of convenience and great views of stars, planets, galaxies and more. This is an outdoor activity so dress warm!