Join us for a guided tour in our 38-seat domed theatre LIVE with our knowledgeable staff. See local constellations, recent views of Jasper’s Northern Lights, the Rockies from space, and more!
TELESCOPE AND PLANETARIUM COMBO (FAIRMONT JASPER PARK LODGE)
- Adult Ages 18+
- Youth Ages 4-17
A full evening of cosmic discovery!
- Award-winning** weather-proof evening program
- World-exclusive LIVE interactive planetarium dome experience
- Choose from evening stargazing OR early-evening solar-gazing and more!
- Backed by our two-year raincheck!
In addition to being the world’s largest, easily-accessible dark sky preserve, Jasper is also one of the smallest towns in North America with its own planetarium.
Enjoy an entertaining, fun-filled evening of cosmic discovery! This full program includes both our Planetarium Experience & Telescope Experience.
Planetarium Experience*** — indoors
Inside our Planetarium Dome Theatre, your guide will share with you:
- Stories about local Canadian Indigenous constellations
- Aurora spotlight! See views of recent Northern Lights from Jasper
- Rocket into space and orbit high above the Jasper Rockies
- A trip to the edge of the universe (and back!)…all in about 35-40 minutes
Includes time for Q&A with your guide.
- Out of respect to all of our guests, we do not admit latecomers for our planetarium dome experience***
- We are not able to accomodate any children under the age of four in the planetarium dome theatre
Telescope Experience — outdoors, dress warmly
After the planetarium, look through the largest, most powerful telescopes in the North American Rockies!
You’ll also have the opportunity for a variety of hands-on experiences and activities to enhance your tour with things like:
- Anatomy of an aurora + the chance to see, touch and even hold meteorites!
- Take a look at the latest 4K instant-replays of live views as seen through our telescopes in Jasper
- Weather permitting, we offer live guided viewing through our telescopes
- How to photograph the Northern Lights and Milky Way with your DSLR camera (Upon request)
Duration: approx 45-60 minutes
- The Telescope Experience is a learning opportunity with weather permitting views of the sky. While we do not need the sky to be completely clear to use our telescopes, we cannot guarantee clear skies. We do not provide refunds if the skies are too cloudy, but this tour includes a raincheck to rebook for another date. (Just contact us to remind us of the name you booked under and the date you originally booked for then you’re good to go!)
- We are not able to accommodate unaccompanied minors
- Our cancellation policy is 24 hours – the best in the Rockies!
EARLY-EVENING TELESCOPE EXPERIENCE
Most weeks in spring & summer, we also offer an Early-Evening Solar Telescope Experience looking at live (and safely filtered) views of the surface of the Sun, and other daytime sights (such as the Moon or Venus, if they’re out).
As with our main evening Telescope Experience, our early evening telescope tour features all the non-weather-dependent parts noted above and our 2-year rain-check, good to use if your tour is cloudy, on any day we have availability, including later in the evening on the day of your original booking or any other day within two years!
(To book the daytime telescope experience, just click on the ‘BOOK NOW’ button on this page. If the early evening tour is offered on the date you are looking at, you will be able to book it there OR call us at (780) 931-3275 for availability)