Visit the world’s largest accessible dark sky preserve Jasper National Park! Guided tours take place in our dome theatre, then outside with the largest, most powerful telescopes in the Rockies!
- Adult Ages 18+
- Youth Ages 4-17
An experience like no other!
Join us for:
- an interactive, guided tour of the largest, most powerful telescope in the Rockies
- an ‘instant replay’ of the best views from our video scope, which can record the sky in Jasper on clear nights and play it back anytime
- upon request, a look at how to photograph the Milky Way and aurora with your DSLR camera
- hands-on experiences: make an aurora, hold a meteorite! (NEW come see our new Mars rock!)
- if the skies are clear enough, we will offer LIVE hands-on viewing through our telescopes*** next to the planetarium.
*** For health and safety reasons, our telescope experience is now ‘touchless’, using video-based telescopes as our primary observing tool (so guests never have to put their face up to a telescope eyepiece – instead, live telescope views will appear on 4K TV screens, which provide the brightest, most colourful views of space possible PLUS no waiting in line for telescope views – Many people can view at the same time!)
In cases where binoculars are available, we will disinfect them after each use by an individual travel party.
For hands-on activities, disposable plastic gloves are provided.
This can be an outdoor event so please dress warmly.
Please note: This does not include the Planetarium program.
NOTE: The Telescope Experience is a learning opportunity with weather permitting views of the sky. While we do not need the sky to be completely clear to use our telescopes, we CAN NOT guarantee clear skies. We DO NOT provide refunds if the skies are too cloudy, but will offer a “rain check” to re-book for another date.