Visit the world’s largest accessible dark sky preserve Jasper National Park! Guided tours take place in our dome theatre, then outside with the largest, most powerful telescopes in the Rockies!
TELESCOPE EXPERIENCE (FAIRMONT JASPER PARK LODGE)
- Adult Ages 18+
- Youth Ages 1-17
The universe awaits!
Come look through the largest, most powerful telescopes in the North American Rockies!
- Award-winning weather-proof evening program
- Choose from evening stargazing OR early-evening solar-gazing and more!
- Backed by our two-year raincheck!
You’ll also have the opportunity for a variety of hands-on experiences and activities to enhance your tour with things like:
- Making an aurora and holding our meteorites
- Take a look at the latest 4K instant-replays of live views as seen through our telescopes in Jasper
- Weather permitting, we offer live guided viewing through our video and optical telescopes
- Get a look at how to photograph the Northern Lights and Milky Way with your DSLR camera (Upon request)
Duration: approx 45-60 minutes
This is an outdoor event so please dress warmly!
Please note: This tour does not include the Planetarium dome
- The Telescope Experience is a learning opportunity with weather permitting views of the sky. While we do not need the sky to be completely clear to use our telescopes, we cannot guarantee clear skies. We do not provide refunds if the skies are too cloudy, but this tour includes a raincheck to rebook for another date. (Just contact us to remind us of the name you booked under and the date you originally booked for then you’re good to go!)
- We are not able to accommodate unaccompanied minors.
- Our cancellation policy is 24 hours – the best in the Rockies!
EARLY-EVENING TELESCOPE EXPERIENCE
Most weeks in spring & summer, we also offer an Early-Evening Solar Telescope Experience looking at live (and safely filtered) views of the surface of the Sun and other daytime sights (such as the Moon or Venus, if they’re out).
As with our main evening Telescope Experience, our Early-Evening Telescope Tour features all the non-weather-dependent parts noted above and our 2-year rain-check, good to use if your tour is cloudy, on any day we have availability, including later in the evening on the day of your original booking or any other day within two years!
(To book the daytime telescope experience, just click on the ‘BOOK NOW’ button on this page. If the early evening tour is offered on the date you are looking at, you will be able to book it there or call us at (780) 931-3275 for availability)