Visit the world’s largest accessible dark sky preserve Jasper National Park! Guided tours take place in our dome theatre, then outside with the largest, most powerful telescopes in the Rockies!
- Adult Ages 18+
- Youth Ages 4-17
Take an interactive ‘tour’ of Jasper Dark Sky Preserve!
In addition to being the world’s largest easily-accessible dark sky preserve, Jasper is also one of the smallest towns in North America with its own planetarium.
Masks are currently required at all times on our tours (our outdoor Telescope Experience is also open)
CREATED LOCALLY: THIS UNIQUE EXPERIENCE IS ONLY AVAILABLE IN JASPER
Join us for a one-of-a-kind fun, funny, inspiring, ‘audience-participation’ guided ‘tour’ in our 40-seat domed theatre LIVE with our knowledgeable astronomy tour guides.
Inside our planetarium dome theatre, your guide will share with you:
- stories about local “Canadian” aboriginal constellations
- Aurora spotlight! See views of recent Northern Lights from Jasper
- Rocket into space, orbiting high above the Jasper Rockies…
- then on to the edge of the universe (and back!)…all in about 35-40 minutes
Includes time for Q&A with your guide.
- This program does not include our Telescope Experience.
- Out of respect to all of our guests, we do NOT admit latecomers for our planetarium dome experience
- We are not able to accommodate unaccompanied minors on our tours.
- We are also not able to accommodate parties of one person alone with a presenter in the planetarium. In the case where one person books into the Planetarium and no other guests have booked, we will try to offer an alternative time or have a second staff member available to attend with you and your presenter inside the dome. Parties of one person are permitted for our outdoor telescope experience, regardless of how many others are booked for that experience.