LOCATION at Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge, 1 Old Lodge Road
(don’t have a vehicle to get here? take the shuttle)
Join our LIVE local astronomy guides to explore Jasper Dark Sky Preserve – an 11,000 sq km astronomy park – inside during our world-exclusive domed theatre experience and outside (as part of our full tour) with the largest public telescope in the Rockies.
Planetarium/Telescope Experience FULL TOUR
- Winter times 8:45 pm (MON/WED/FRI/SAT, Nov-March + DAILY during HOLIDAYS & MARCH BREAK) full list of dates
- Spring times 9:15 pm (MON/WED/FRI/SAT in April) full list of dates
- Summer times full list of dates 4:30 pm (DAILY July – mid-Sept) 9:45 pm (DAILY May – mid-Sept)
- Fall times 9:00 pm (DAILY mid-Sept – Oct) full list of dates
First, join our astronomy experts in our 40-seat dome theatre for a LIVE (virtual) tour the world’s second largest dark sky preserve.
Inside the planetarium, your guide will share local aboriginal constellations, views of the Northern Lights from Jasper, and take you into space, orbiting above the Rockies, and on…to the edge of the universe…all in about 40 minutes!
Then, come outside the dome for an all-weather telescope experience where you’ll:
- tour of the largest, most powerful public telescopes in the Rockies
- see an ‘instant-replay’ of recent 4K imagery from our video telescope
- get tips on how to use your DSLR camera to photograph the Milky Way and auroras
- try hands-on activities, including the chance to view meteorites up-close and even hold one in your hand!
- if weather permits, you’ll also enjoy LIVE guided views of objects in space, as seen through our telescopes
- we also offer a complimentary ‘rain-check’ for another night if skies aren’t clear
** we may even have the chance to see a shooting star or even the Northern Lights **
Adults / $59 ($65 in winter)
Youth (ages 4-17) / $25
plus 5% GST tax
Planetarium Experience ONLY
- Winter times 7:45 pm (MON/WED/FRI/SAT, Nov-April + DAILY during HOLIDAYS & MARCH BREAK) full list of dates
- Spring times 7:45 pm (DAILY May & June) full list of dates
- Summer times full list of dates 4:30 pm (DAILY July – mid-Sept) 7:45 pm (DAILY July – mid-Sept) 8:45 pm (DAILY July – mid-Sept)
- Fall times 7:45 pm (DAILY mid-Sept – Oct) full list of dates
Join our astronomy experts in our 40-seat dome theatre for a LIVE virtual tour the world’s largest accessible dark sky preserve.
Inside the planetarium, your guide will share local aboriginal constellations, views of the Northern Lights from Jasper, and take you into space orbiting above the Rockies and on to the edge of the universe…all in about 40 minutes.
Adults / $29
Youth (ages 4-17) / $15
plus 5% GST tax
What can you expect? Check out the below CBC News TV segment on our experiences for a bit of a preview:
** NOTE: The Telescope Experience is a learning opportunity with weather permitting views of the sky. While we do not need the sky to be completely clear to use our telescopes we CAN NOT guarantee clear skies. We DO NOT provide refunds if the skies are too cloudy, but will offer a “rain check” to re-book for another date in addition to proceeding with the other aspects of our telescope experience.
- please note also that evenings at or near the full moon will reduce visibility of faint deep space objects – this has nothing to do with the weather or darkness of our observing location