To our valued guests,
The Jasper Planetarium is pleased to offer DAILY tours
Upon re-opening our activities will be as follows:
- a brand-new Planetarium Experience in our 50 seat planetarium dome (limited for now to 50% capacity)
- a touchless version of our Telescope ONLY experience, featuring the most powerful telescope in the Rockies
- our Planetarium & Telescope FULL TOUR (incorporating all of the above)
We are continuing to take measures to protect the health and well-being of our staff and guests. Please see below for details.
Booking and arrival:
- Jasper Municipal Council has passed a temporary bylaw to make face coverings mandatory in many publicly used areas of the Jasper townsite. Masks/face-coverings are required in all outdoor public places where two-metre distancing isn’t possible, and in all indoor public places, including privately owned businesses and facilities accessible to the general public – as such, we require this of all staff and guests attending The Jasper Planetarium
- our host location, Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge, has implemented a checkpoint system at all JPL entry points. All Jasper Planetarium guests (whether staying at the Fairmont or coming to the Planetarium from elsewhere) will be required to stop at the checkpoint, where there will be a temperature check required and 3 health related questions
- we encourage the use of online payment, debit or credit card payment (though we will still accept cash) and you can now use the tap on your card with us for payments of up to $250
- our retail desk will have a Plexiglass shield separating staff from guests
- we will offer a ‘touchless’ check-in (via issuing e-tickets with QR codes we scan at our retail desk and again at the Planetarium/Telescopes)
- we encourage all guests to bring their own face masks – however, we and our partner Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge will also have free disposable masks available on-site
Changes to our tours:
- we will strive to ensure each party that visits the planetarium maintains at least 2 metres distance from staff and other parties of guests
- objects that would normally be touched by guests (props during planetarium experiences, meteorites and other objects during hands-on experiences) have been revised to prevent direct contact but still enjoy the experience to the fullest extent possible – in the case of hands-on displays, disposable gloves must be worn
- all surfaces that may be touched by Planetarium staff or guests will be disinfected between time-slots
- planetarium seats will be disinfected between time-slots
- at this time, our planetarium dome will be limited to 50% seating capacity (if you have questions about this during the date you are looking to book for or are unable to find availability, please call us at (780) 931-3275 or email [email protected]
- Planetarium staff will show guests to their seats in the planetarium while maintaining distance and assisting guests with doing so
- the Telescope portion of our COMBO tour will be ‘touchless’, we will use video-based telescopes as our primary observing tool (so guests never have to put their face up to a telescope eyepiece – instead, live telescope views will appear on 4K TV screens)
- in cases where binoculars are available, we will disinfect them after use
- as the province of Alberta now allows outdoor gatherings of up to 100 people, we are currently allowing a maximum of up to 75 people at a time for our Telescope Experience
- we will have glow-in-the-dark markers on the ground to show the areas guests can stand in while viewing telescope views
- finally, we are now offering a Telescope ONLY option as a touchless experience that does not involve the planetarium dome
For more on the measures in-place on-site at our host location Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge – a member of the Accor hotel group – please see the web site for Accor’s ALL Stay Well Program https://www.allstaywell.com/
We also encourage our guests to stay up-to-date through Canada’s Public Health website.
If you have any questions or comments not answered and/or addressed by the above information, we would be happy to speak with you before your time with us, via email at [email protected] or by phone, at (780) 931-3275.
We look forward to safely hosting you for an enjoyable evening in Jasper Dark Sky Preserve!