Visit the world’s largest accessible dark sky preserve Jasper National Park! Guided tours take place in our dome theatre, then outside with the largest, most powerful telescopes in the Rockies!
- Adult Ages 18+
- Youth Ages 4-17
A feast for your senses!
***LOCATION: Pyramid Lake Resort ***
THIS TOUR IS CURRENTLY OPEN THU/FRI/SAT until April 24 (but limited to x10 participants per tour)
As of December 13, 2020, to comply with new Alberta Health restrictions under “Group Physical Activities”, The Jasper Planetarium will be limited to 10 people or less (per-tour) for our outdoor Telescope Experience and all cohorts must maintain 2 metre distance at all times. Masks are required at all times.
(Price does not include GST or gratuity applied at check-out)
award-winning guided tour
- ‘weather-proof’ evening program
- FREE 2-year rain-check if cloudy
- 3-course Stargazers Lakeside Dinner next to our observing location (MENU)
Before heading outside to the telescopes under beautifully dark skies, enjoy a delicious 3-course Stargazers Lakeside Dinner at Pyramid Lake Resort’s The Pines Restaurant, overlooking our telescope observing location on Pyramid Lake.
You’ll also have the opportunity for a variety of hands-on experiences and activities, to enhance your tour. Things like:
- an interactive guided tour of some of the most powerful telescopes in the North American Rockies and how they work
- a look at the latest 4K ‘instant-replays’ of live views as seen through our telescopes in Jasper
- a look at how to photograph the Northern Lights and Milky Way with your DSLR camera (if of-interest)
- hands-on experiences: make an aurora, hold a meteorite! (NEW come touch our new Moon rock! AND Mars rock!!)
- also, if the skies are clear enough, we will offer LIVE guided viewing through our telescopes***
Duration: approx 2.5 hours
***For health and safety reasons, our telescope experience is now ‘touchless’, using video-based telescopes as our primary observing tool (so guests never have to put their face up to a telescope eyepiece – instead, live telescope views will appear on 4K TV screens, which provide the brightest, most colourful views of space possible PLUS no waiting in line for telescope views – Many people can view at the same time!)
In cases where binoculars are available, we will disinfect them after each use by an individual travel party.
For hands-on activities, disposable plastic gloves are provided.
This can be an outdoor event so please dress warmly!
Please note: This tour does not include the Planetarium dome
NOTE: The Telescope Experience is a learning opportunity with weather permitting views of the sky. While we do not need the sky to be completely clear to use our telescopes, we CAN NOT guarantee clear skies. We DO NOT provide refunds if the skies are too cloudy, but this tour includes a telescope “rain check” to re-book for another date. (Just contact us and remind us of the name you booked under and the date you originally booked for and you’re good to go!)