Visit the world’s largest accessible dark sky preserve Jasper National Park! Guided tours take place in our dome theatre, then outside with the largest, most powerful telescopes in the Rockies!
MIETTE GHOST TOWN & GALAXIES (+BBQ)
- Adult Ages 14+
- Youth Ages 4 -13 • Please select one adult first
Venture out to Miette Mine Trail for a delicious wild-west BBQ and ‘haunted’ telescope tour!
On October 26, venture out to Miette Mine Trail (across from Miette Mountain Cabins) where historic frights, starry sights and barbecue bites await! Guided by astronomy experts from The Jasper Planetarium and food & beverage staff from Jasper-Banff Collection By Pursuit.
Savour a barbecue dinner with themed hot or cold drinks at the trailhead near Miette Mountain Cabins and embark on a guided Halloween hike past Jasper’s abandoned coal mine ruins.
Your eerie evening concludes with dessert at the clearing and a Jasper Planetarium telescope stargazing session where you will get the chance to:
- Take in some hands-on science demos
- Possibly see some doomed deep space objects like a ‘demon star’ or the region of space inhabited by a black hole.
This event will run “rain or-shine” (mwa-ha-ha-ha-haa!)
As this is an outdoor event, please dress for evening Rocky Mountain weather (i.e. warmly!)
Miette Mine Trail
- Park in the Miette Upper Loop parking lot (located 25 minutes from the Town of Jasper)
- Meet 15 minutes BEFORE the start of your experience
Hot Chocolate Station with Sprinkles and Whipped Cream
Miner’s Pinto Bean Soup with Crispy Corn Bread
Off The BBQ:
- Chipotle Chicken, Pico de Gallo, Cilantro, Fermented Hot Sauce, Steamed Corn Tortilla GFP
- Smoked Tofu, Blistered Poblano Pepper, Queso Fresco, Fresh Lime, Steamed Corn Tortilla GFP, V
Served with Buttered Corn Cob Bites GF, V
Pop and Water selection
- Warm Apple Cinnamon Empanadas V
- Chocolate Chunk Cookies