Visit the world’s largest accessible dark sky preserve Jasper National Park! Guided tours take place in our dome theatre, then outside with the largest, most powerful telescopes in the Rockies!
STARS AND SMOKE AT MALIGNE CANYON WILDERNESS KITCHEN
2.5 Hours • Ages 4+
- Adult Ages 18+
- Youth Ages 4-17 • Please select one adult first
Explore the world’s largest astronomy park!
1.5 hours for dinner
30 minutes to get ready for outside portion
45 minutes outside for our telescope experience
Join us for:
- a guided tour of the most powerful telescopes in the Rockies and how they work
- a 4K 'instant-replay' of the latest screen-captures from recent live views through our telescopes in Jasper
- a look at how to photograph the Northern Lights and Milky Way with your DSLR camera (upon-request)
- hands-on experiences: make an aurora, hold a meteorite!
- Also, if the skies are clear enough, we will offer LIVE guided views through our telescopes*
As this is an outdoor event, please dress for evening Rocky Mountain weather (i.e. warmly!)
.* For health and safety reasons, our telescope experience is now ‘touchless’, using video-based telescopes as our primary observing tool (so guests never have to put their face up to a telescope eyepiece – instead, live telescope views will appear on 4K TV screens, which provide the brightest, most colourful views of space possible PLUS no waiting in line for telescope views – Many people can view at the same time!)
For hands-on activities, disposable plastic gloves are provided.
Please note: This does not include our Planetarium program.
NOTE: the Telescope Experience is a learning opportunity with many non-weather-dependent aspects AND weather permitting views of the sky.
While we do not need the sky to be completely clear to use our telescopes we CAN NOT guarantee clear skies.
We DO NOT provide refunds if the skies are too cloudy BUT this tour includes a 2-year “rain check” to re-book for another date.
(No action is required to activate this rain-check. It is automatically included in your tour)