Visit the world’s largest accessible dark sky preserve Jasper National Park! Guided tours take place in our dome theatre, then outside with the largest, most powerful telescopes in the Rockies!
- Adult Ages 18+
- Youth Ages 4-17
A feast for your senses!
***LOCATION: Maligne Canyon Wilderness Kitchen ***
Join us for a one-of-a-kind Dark Sky and Dinner combination.
Enjoy in a 3-course choice menu in our rustic yet modern Maligne Canyon Wilderness Kitchen, at the edge of Jasper’s Maligne Canyon.
Afterwards, you’ll head outside to some of the most powerful telescopes in the Rockies, where Jasper Planetarium guides will provide you with the opportunity to stargaze within the second-largest Dark Sky preserve in the world.
(Price does not include GST or gratuity applied at check-out)
- award-winning guided tour
- ‘weather-proof’ evening program
- FREE 2-year rain-check if cloudy
- 3-course dinner next to our observing location
You’ll also have the opportunity for a variety of hands-on experiences and activities, to enhance your tour. Things like:
- an interactive guided tour of some of the most powerful telescopes in the North American Rockies and how they work
- a look at the latest 4K ‘instant-replays’ of live views as seen through our telescopes in Jasper
- if-desired, a look at how to photograph the Northern Lights and Milky Way with your DSLR camera (if of-interest)
- hands-on experiences: make an aurora, hold a meteorite! (NEW come touch our new Moon rock! AND Mars rock!!)
- also, if the skies are clear enough, we will offer LIVE guided viewing through our telescopes***
Duration: approx 2.5-3 hours
***For health and safety reasons, some of our telescope experience is ‘touchless’, using 4K video-based telescopes as well as the opportunity to look through the eyepiece of a traditional optical telescope as well.
This can be an outdoor event so please dress warmly!
Please note: This tour does not include the Planetarium dome
NOTE: The Telescope Experience is a learning opportunity with weather permitting views of the sky. While we do not need the sky to be completely clear to use our telescopes, we CAN NOT guarantee clear skies. We DO NOT provide refunds if the skies are too cloudy, but this tour includes a telescope “rain check” to re-book for another date. (Just contact us and remind us of the name you booked under and the date you originally booked for and you’re good to go!)