Visit the world’s largest accessible dark sky preserve Jasper National Park! Guided tours take place in our dome theatre, then outside with the largest, most powerful telescopes in the Rockies!
TELESCOPE EXPERIENCE (PYRAMID LAKE RESORT)
- Adult Ages 18+
- Youth Ages 4-17
The universe awaits!
*** at Pyramid Lake Resort ***
(Sept – early April)
**Don’t see the booking date you’re looking for? We also run additional telescope tours at Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge MOST days of the year**
Come look through the largest, most powerful telescopes in the North American Rockies…
- award-winning ‘weather-proof’ evening program
- FREE 2-year rain-check (not clear? come on back at no-additional-charge!)
You’ll also have the opportunity for a variety of hands-on experiences and activities, to enhance your tour. Things like:
- an interactive guided tour of the largest, most powerful telescopes in the North American Rockies and how they work
- a look at the latest 4K ‘instant-replays’ of live views as seen through our telescopes in Jasper
- hands-on experiences: make an aurora, hold a meteorite! (NEW come touch our new Moon rock! AND Mars rock!!)
- also, if the skies are clear enough, we will offer LIVE guided viewing through our telescopes***
Duration: approx 45-60 minutes
*** Our telescope experience includes video-based telescopes with live views on a 4K TV screen, which provide the brightest, most colourful views of space possible PLUS no waiting in line for telescope views – Many people can view at the same time!
We will ALSO have conventional optical telescopes available to look through as well!
For hands-on activities, disposable plastic gloves are provided.
This can be an outdoor event so please dress warmly!
Please note: This tour does not include the Planetarium dome
NOTE: The Telescope Experience is a learning opportunity with weather permitting views of the sky. While we do not need the sky to be completely clear to use our telescopes, we CAN NOT guarantee clear skies. We DO NOT provide refunds if the skies are too cloudy, but this tour includes a “rain check” to re-book for another date. (Just contact us and remind us of the name you booked under and the date you originally booked for and you’re good to go!)
Our cancellation policy is 24 hours – the best in the Rockies!